Five Must Visit Locations In Odisha During Winter Vacations
Odisha is known to have brutal summers and monsoon. However, it is also a well-known fact that the best time to visit Odisha is during the winter season. The winter months in Odisha are mostly bright and sunny with fewer overcast days, making them appropriate for travel and tourism. Odisha also is a treasure-trove of beautiful locations for vacations and sightseeing. So, if you and your loved ones are planning to visit the state of Odisha, then here are five must visit places her, especially during the winter season:
1) Bhitarkanika: One of the best national parksin the country, Bhitarkanika boasts of a rich ecosystem of flora and fauna. Located in Kendrapada district of Odisha, Bhitarkanika is known to have one of the largest populations of endangered saltwater crocodiles in the country.
2) Chandipur Beach: One of the most unique beaches in Odisha, Chandipur beach is located in Balasore district and should be on your must visit list this winter vacation. The beach is known for its water which recedes during the low tide and emerges during the high tide. The area is also known for various seafood dishes which are sure to enthral seafood lovers!
3) Satkosia: One of the most famous tiger reserves in the state, Satkosia is located in Angul district of Odisha. This reserve also has two adjoining sanctuaries, namely Baisipalli Sanctuary and Satkosia Gorge Sanctuary. This area was declared as a wildlife sanctuary in 1976 and has since been maintained by the Forest and Environment Department of India.
4) Chilika Lake: Known as the largest lagoon in the country and the second largest in the world, Chilika Lake is a must visit for people looking to explore scenic beauty and unique flora and fauna. This lagoon becomes the temporary abode to many migratory birds from across the world, making it a major tourist attraction in the state.
5) Gopalpur Beach: Apart from Puri and Chandipur, another popular beach in Odisha is Gopalpur beach located in Ganjam district of the state. Apart from being a popular commercial port and beach, this area also hosts extensive cashew plantations which is also a major tourist attraction in the district.